Cool Trivia Facts (Myths) About Left Handed People
Left Handed Fact or Myth? In your world.
- Lefties make up only 10% of the population.
- They are three times more likely to become alcoholics (again, not scientifically proven)– the right side of the brain, which they favor has a lower tolerance to alcohol.
- Apparently, they're better at 3-D perception and thinking.
- When it comes to intelligence, they are much more like to be on the extremes of the scale. They are obviously smart cookies, so if they appear on the lesser side of the scale, we think it is because they are using the wrong tools and are fighting the "norm". Whatever that is.
- Left-handed people are more likely than righties to suffer from allergies, and may be more prone to migraines (I am a rightie and have horrible allergies! My lefty husband can mow the grass and come in the house like it's nothing).
- Left-handed people are more likely to suffer stuttering in their speech and dyslexia (not sure if this is accurate. I know quite a few lefties and none have speech disorders).
- They're also much more like to have sleep issues, or even suffer from insomnia.
- Make especially good baseball players, hockey players and boxers.
- Awesome guitar players!! Jimi Hendrix...must we say more!
Are these true or nah? Well, having a few left handed family members, lefty husband and left handed friends, some are true in my world and some are not.
- SHOP NOW
- READ ABOUT LEFT HANDED CELEBRITIES
- OUR TOP LIST OF FAMOUS LEFT HANDED PEOPLE
- WHICH U.S PRESIDENTS WERE LEFT HANDED
- CHECK OUT OUR LIST OF LEFT HANDED CARTOON CHARACTERS
- CHECK OUT OUR GROWING LIST OF LEFT HANDED POETS
- READ OUR BLOG
- LEARN ABOUT LEFT HANDED DISCRIMINATION
- LEFT HANDED SCHOLARSHIPS